|| Print ||
Our Goals* Advance rational, patient-oriented drug therapy.
* Promote pharmacists as integral members of the health care team, fully utilizing their clinical and drug-use-control functions.
* Serve as a primary advocate for advancing professional practice, enhancing the cost-effectiveness of pharmaceutical services, and improving the quality of patient care.
* Promote the pharmacists' value to patients to insure that appropriate medication management is applied for their benefit.
* Encourage good health by fostering the optimal and responsible use of drugs, including prevention of improper or uncontrolled usage.
* Assure sufficient, competent manpower in the profession by offering education and training programs.
* Contribute to continuing education programs for pharmacy practitioners and support staff.
* Provide leadership in the identification, analysis and evaluation of health care trends and in the development of public policy, and to address legislative and regulatory initiatives of concern to the pharmacy profession.
The Mission of OSHPis to advance and support the professional practice of pharmacy in health systems by:
1. Promoting the value of pharmacists as integral members of patient- centered healthcare teams.
2. Advocating the advancement of pharmacy practice through legislation and regulation.
3. Identifying and mentoring current and future leaders within health-system pharmacy.
4. Delivering unique and innovative programs and sharing best practices for pharmacists, students, and technicians.
OSHP Membership means...Leading
Developing for OSHP Pharmacists
OSHP Membership BenefitsMeetings and conferences provide current information pertaining to all areas of the health-system pharmacy profession and related areas.
Monthly district meetings are an excellent opportunity for accumulation of C.E.
Networking with pharmacy professionals, sharing past work experiences, and generating new ideas.
Opportunity to participate in the future planning of health-system pharmacy.
Membership CategoriesActive - Pharmacist: Pharmacists currently practicing in a health-system; engaged in the administration, planning or supervision of a pharmacy; faculty members in accredited colleges of pharmacy; or those primarily engaged in a health-system pharmacy organization. $75.00/year.
Active - First Year Pharmacist Licensee: Individuals recently licensed to practice pharmacy in Oklahoma who are in their first year of licensure. $50.00/year
Associate members are categorized as:Supporting: Individuals not qualifying for active membership who work in health-systems, teach prospective health-system pharmacists, or otherwise contribute to pharmacy services provided in organized health-system settings.$50.00/year
Technician: Individuals who are employed as pharmacy support personnel in an organized health-system setting, work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist and assist in the medication use process.$20.00/year
Student: Individuals enrolled in a professional program of an accredited college/school of pharmacy or a graduate pending licensure.$10.00/year
Oklahoma Society of Health-System Pharmacists
P. O. Box 2371
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-2371
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 10 November 2010 10:55|