Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
2017 BOD August Board Meeting Minutes
Share |

OSHP BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES

Date: August 22, 2017     Time: 2:30 p.m

 Phone: 844-358-7954    Conference ID: 732889351

 

I.      CALL TO ORDER  2:34 p.m.

 

Members Present:

Jennifer Bird

Brian Hughes

Debbie Poland

Richard Wheeler

Kaili Donahue

Alice Kirkpatrick

 

 Members Absent:

Tiffany Kessler (sent report)

 

Guests Present:  None

 

II.     APPROVAL OF MINUTES- July minutes were circulated too late for review, they will be approved by e-mail vote

 

III.    BOARD REPORTS

 

A.   Secretary- Alice Kirkpatrick

Membership numbers –

 

Aug 17

Ju1 17

Jun 17

Aug 16

Eastern District

 

1st Year Pharmacists

0

0

0

6

Pharmacists

72

72

70

70

Residents

12

9

9

15

Students

20

19

18

27

Supporting

2

2

2

1

Technicians

10

9

9

4

Total

116

111

108

123

 

 

 

 

Western District

 

 

 

 

1st Year Pharmacists

4

4

4

7

Pharmacists

109

106

105

110

Residents

15

10

10

18

Students

41

40

40

38

Supporting

1

1

1

1

Technicians

11

11

11

3

Total:

181

172

172

177

 

 

 

Total

297

283

279

300

 

 

B.   Treasurer – Tiffany Kessler  (Report submitted)

1.    Have applied for a credit card for the organization to assist with ordering services

2.    Have obtained a bank card for use to pay quick book monthly fees

3.    Is in the process of obtaining a quick book account/ will be able to address many more budget issues once that is up and running

 

C.   Eastern District Chair- Kaili Melton-

1.    Hosted August meeting

2.    September meeting scheduled for 9/19/17, will recognize residents, will coordinate resident communication with Brian Stamile

3.    Have meetings planned for October, November and December

4.    Plan for Eastern District mixer before the end of the year

 

D.   Western District Chair- Richard Wheeler

1.    WD meeting scheduled for 8/24/17 at Mahagony

2.    Meeting also scheduled for 9/14/17 will recognize the residents at the September meeting. Was able to get complete list of WD residents

 

 

E.   President-Elect – Brian Hughes

1.    Started planning OK reception for ASHP midyear meeting

a.    It will be held at the Hyatt (room reserved)

b.    Will work with dean’s offices at SWOSU and OU to share expenses and put together a budget

2.    Brian plans to attend the president’s meeting in November

 

F.    Past-President – Debbie Poland

1.    Completed survey for PTCB

2.    We should receive check for partnership

 

G.   President –Jennifer Bird

1.    Has communicated with Beverly Black (Affiliate contact for ASHP)

2.    We will send our bylaws to their office for review and comment/suggestions

3.    After we get the report back, we will schedule a board retreat to work on affiliation survey.  The re-affiliation needs to be completed 2018

4.    Has forwarded on to program committees, but ASHP does have speakers available for 2018 meeting.

5.    Planned our calendar for the upcoming OSHP meetings:

a.    Fall meeting in Tulsa – OSU hsc Tandy building October 27, 2017

b.    Spring meeting in OKC- Plan for April 20,2018

c.    Resident research-Tulsa,  May 19, 2018

d.    Fall meeting OKC – 10/26/18

 

Work for program committee to have date and venue decided for following year

 

H.   Student Liaisons – no report

 

 

IV.   COMMITTEE REPORTS/UPDATES 

 

A.   Finance Committee – Tiffany- see addendum

1.    There was clarification on delegate travel reimbursement

2.    Delegates allowed $2000 for annual meeting, and up to $ 2750 if they attend the regional meeting. OSHP will retain any reimbursement from ASHP for delegates to attend the meetings.

3.    We will have delegate candidates agree to and sign statement that they understand travel reimbursement policy before running for a delegate spot

*The Board approved these two proposals

 

4.    Finance committee will investigate other vendor financial relationship models. Plan to look at option for bundling vendor programing opportunities, also look into how industry associate memberships are assessed different fees with other ASHP affiliate societies.

5.    After Tiffany is able to access all the budget items on Quick books program, the board will be able to review entire budget

 

6.    Tiffany would like to move $100000 into investments that expire quarterly. This will allow her to keep required cash amount in account, while allowing more money to earn interest.

*The board approved this proposal  

 

7.    The finance committee proposed adding $1000 to the budget for each of the district chairs to use for CE events and membership events. The district chairs would need to communicate with board and describe the use of these funds. This will apply for 2017 and 2018 budget and then will be re-evalutated

*The board approved this proposal

 

B.   Legislative Committee – Richard – no report

 

C.   Membership Committee – Kaili Donahue – no report

 

But will work to plan ED mixer with ability to use designated funds

 

D.   Newsletter Committee – Brian Hughes- no report

 

E.   Nominations Committee – Debbie Poland

1.    Teresa Lewis and Jamie Miller agreed to be nominations committee co-chairs. Debbie will communicate the policy to them regarding delegate travel

 

F.    Program Committee – Jennifer Bird

1.    Kelly Murray will serve as programing chair for the Fall meeting

a.    Venue is OSU, Jennifer has requested the necessary liability insurance

b.    Board should watch for a budget template for meeting as it gets finalized

c.    There will be 4, 1-hour CE presentations and a 2 hour clinical pearl program (Pearls will be 15 min presentations)

d.    Remind the speakers and program committee that we want to assure that there is good CE for technicians

 

G.   Scholarship and Awards Committee – Alice Kirkpatrick- no report

 

H.   Social Media and Communications Committee – Brian Hughes

1.    Had a committee meeting.  Committee plans to meet every other month

2.    Want to have increased student involvement from both colleges

3.    Wanted clarification regarding who had access to the website to post materials. 

4.    The Board approved that Jacyntha Herbers should have access to post on website

5.    There was discussion about adding to guidelines a statement that the chair of the social media and communications committee should have access to website. This will be addressed with review of bylaws and guidelines (Tabled for now)

6.    There was discussion about whether pictures from district meetings and state meetings could be posted without obtaining permission from subjects in pictures. Suggestion that Brian and/or Debbie ask about other affiliate policies at presidents’ meeting.

 

       

V.    OLD BUSINESS

 

A.   OSHP website review: Brian Hughes – see social media committee report above

B.     ASHP Affiliation – Jennifer Bird

1.    Bylaws and guideline review- to submit to ASHP

2.    Affiliation self study- we will start working on this after the bylaws review

C.   Non-pharmacist memberships- Debbie and Brian will discuss at regional affiliate Presidents’ meeting.  Will discuss at a later meeting

 

VI.   NEW BUSINESS

A.   Posting open positions on Website

Other avenues for announcements

·         Board agreed that we need to stay in line with what is on our website for postings

·         ED and WD chairs can encourage traffic to postings and website

B.   Any other new business?- none

 

VII.  ADJOURNMENT  4:10 p.m.

Community Search
Sign In
Sign In securely
Calendar
Featured Members

OKLAHOMA SOCIETY OF HEALTH-BASED PHARMACISTS
PO BOX 2371
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK  73101