Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
2013 December Board Meeting Minutes
Share |

OSHP Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

December 17th, 2013, 3:00 – 5:00 pm

Held by audio conference via


With a quorum present, President Finnin called the meeting to order at 3:10 p.m.

Members Present: 

 Miki Finnin, President

Ann Lloyd, Past-President

Matt Bird, Treasurer

Darlene Doty, Secretary

Kari McCracken, President-Elect

Debbie Poland, Western District Chair 

Members Absent:   Kristie Williams, Eastern District Chair

Guests Present:      none



The October Board meeting minutes will be sent out next week and approved via email voting.



A.   Secretary

1.   Darlene Doty reported that the October minutes will be completed and e-mailed next week for approval.

B.   Treasurer

1.   Matt presented the budget reconciliation detail dated November 30, 2013 and also the complete detailed budget.

2.  December 16th, 2013 Balance Sheet – Total of all current assets total $249,456.82.

3. Matt mentioned that the $2242.50 to the Hyatt Regency Orlando plus the deposit amount totaling $3600.00 will be split three ways by OSHP, OU and SWOSU. The credit will show up next year. He further commented that the Oklahoma reception on Sunday night at the ASHP Midyear meeting was not very well attended (approximately 25-30 people) and most attendees were students. Debbie suggested that the weather may have been a factor but Kari mentioned that last year the attendance was about the same. Miki will contact OU Dean, JoLaine Draugalis, Nancy Williams from SWOSU and Yvette Morrison to see if they have any input or suggestions. Depending on their comments and thoughts, next year’s participation may be reconsidered/rediscussed.

C.   Western District Chair

1.  Debbie Poland reported that there was not a December meeting.

2.  The November meeting had approximately 50 attendees.

3.  Meetings are set up until June except for May and Matt knows someone that is willing to sponsor a meeting.

4.   The next meeting is scheduled for Jan 9th.

D.   Eastern District Chair

1.  There was no report from Kristie Williams.

2.   A meeting was held last week at Bodean’s with attendance limited to 30 people.

3.  The next meeting will be Tuesday, January 21st.

E.   Past-President

1.  There was no report from Ann.

F.    President-Elect

1.  Kari went to the ASHP Midyear meeting but was unable to attend the president’s dinner. She attended some of the state affiliation meeting where measuring outcomes was a topic of discussion similar to the President’s retreat.

G.   President

1. Nothing to report. See old and new business agenda items.

H.   Student Liasons

1.  Rebehak Panak will no longer be the OUsOSHP  student representative.  The Board has not been told who the new representative will be.

2.  There was no report from SWOSUsOSHP.



A.   Programming Committee – Miki Finnin, Board Liaision

1. Annual meeting will be held at Mercy Hospital in Oklahoma City on April 4th

 2. In January, Miki will present the review of the Fall OSHP meeting.

B.   Membership Committee – Kristie Williams, Board Liaison

1.   Matt stated that the membership renewals are going well. Kristie was not able to be at the meeting today.

C.   Nominations Committee – Ann Lloyd, Past-President

1.  Tracy Hagemann got the most votes and will be the ASHP delegate.

D.   Finance Committee Items were previously discussed.

E.   Legislative Committee – Darlene Doty, Board liaison

1.   On January 21st there is a webinar “Two Major Issues and Their Possible Impact Within Your State”. Tracy Hagemann will attend and give a brief report to the Board.

2. The next meeting will be held January 29th, 2014.

F.    Scholarship and Awards Committee – Kari McCracken

1. No report.

G.   Newsletter Committee – Debbie Poland

1. The newsletter just went out with a new format which has been well received.

H.   Social Media and Communications Committee –

1. Miki gave the report for the committee who met on November 22nd. The committee has reviewed presentations from both and

2. The committee identified the need for someone to train as the administrator. The current secretary, Lisa Slaton would be willing to serve as the administrator for the new website.

3. Miki e-mailed all the information obtained by the committee to the Board prior to this meeting for their review along with the committee’s endorsement of



 A.   Social Media Committee

1.      The Board is in agreement that we need to update the OSHP website and accepted the recommendation from the Social Media Committee to use

2.      Pricing information for is $4495.00 per year maintenance with a two-year contract. The set-up fee of  $2500.00 will be waived before December 31st.

3.      Matt made a motion to sign a contract with for the OSHP website. It was seconded by Ann. After a brief discussion, the Board approved the motion unanimously.

B.   Annual Meeting

1.      The Annual Meeting will be held on April 4th at Mercy Hospital conference center in Oklahoma City as previously discussed.

2.   We will discuss the Fall Meeting feedback received from Sandy Warner and also the financial information at the January meeting.

C.   State Board Nominees

1.    Tracy Hagemann and Barbara Poe have been selected by the nominations committees to be recommended for appointment to the Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy.  Miki, the president will write a letter to Phil Woodward to recommend them.

C.  Opioid Prescribing Guidelines

1.   There are 3 separate sets of prescribing guidelines, one for the urgent care centers/emergency departments, one for the pharmacies and one for the primary care physicians.

2.   The Board has agreed via e-mail, to support all 3 guidelines.



A.  Laptop for OSHP secretary

 1.   Lisa Slaton, OSHP secretary was using her personal laptop for OSHP business. Since we are looking at a new website, both companies were contacted regarding requirements for  a laptop to access and maintain the website. Both companies stated the programs are web-based so there were no specific laptop requirements. After some discussion, the Board decided that the secretary should not have to use her own laptop. When Matt purchased his laptop for the treasurer position, he was allowed $1200.00 to purchase it.  That will allow for Microsoft Office, anti-virus protection and warranty.

2.  Ann made a motion to allow Lisa $1200.00 for purchase of a laptop, warranty and software. Kari seconded it and it was unanimously approved.

B.  Notes from Presidential Officer’s Retreat

1.  These will be presented at the January meeting.



 A.   With no further items to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 3:52 pm.  The next Board meeting will be held on January 3rd  at 2:00 pm. Update: The meeting will be moved to January 17th at 2:00 pm.

Submitted by:  Darlene Doty, Secretary


Community Search
Sign In

Latest News
Featured Members

PO BOX 2371