Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
August 2015 Board Meeting Minutes
Share |

 

OSHP BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING Minutes


August 25, 2015 4:08 – 5:36 PM
Oklahoma City, OK O’ Donoghue Research Building (Room 4410)


I. CALL TO ORDER
With a quorum present, President Sharp called the meeting to order at 4:08 pm.

Members Present:

Randall Sharp, President
Mark Mills, Treasurer 
Debbie Poland, President-Elect 
Brian Hughes, Western District Chair
Teresa Lewis, Secretary

Members Absent:

Kari McCracken, Past-President 
Emily Gray, Eastern District Chair

II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
President Sharp called for a motion to accept the July Board meeting minutes with revisions.  Motion to accept was made by Brian Hughes and seconded by Mark Mills.  The minutes were unanimously approved.  

III. BOARD REPORTS
A. Secretary: 
Membership numbers

 

December 2014

July 2015

August 2015

 

Eastern District

Western District

Eastern District

Western District

Eastern District

Western District

Pharmacists

108

131

95

114

98

116

Students

28

72

24

59

26

60

Supporting

3

3

5

2

5

2

Technicians

24

5

15

4

16

4

1st Year Pharmacist

4

11

3

4

3

6

Resident

8

14

8

14

8

18

Total

175

239

150

197

156

206


B. Treasurer  
The audit has been completed.  Recommendations from our accountant is to standardize naming of accounts to better streamline bookkeeping/accounting.  Mark will work on consolidating the different account names in Quickbooks.  
Mark also presented information related to OSHP’s balance sheet and net income.  Please refer to the Treasurer’s August 2015 Balance sheet and January through July Profit & Loss Summary.  Mark will provide the Board a follow up from the profit & loss summary related to the Affinipay balance.
Mark will work on presenting to the Board members monthly reconciliation reports during board meetings to permit a better review of income and expense trends

C. Eastern District Chair – N/A

D. Western District Chair
In anticipation of collaborative CE efforts with the state board of pharmacy, Brian has held off booking any western district meetings for spring 2016.
January, February, or early March are proposed months for the collaborative CE programming.  
The Western District meeting in Sept will be on the 22nd.  The Western District Residents will be introduced at this meeting as well.

E. President-Elect - None

F. Past-President - N/A

G. President – please refer to new & old business section

IV. COMMITTEE REPORTS/UPDATES
A. Finance Committee – Mark Mills, Board Liaison  
Mark will finish the finance portion of the ASHP Affiliate survey.  Once that is completed then he will schedule a meeting with the finance committee

B. Legislative Committee – Kari McCracken, Board Liaison – N/A

C. Membership Committee – Emily Gray, Board Liaison – N/A

D. Newsletter Committee – Debbie Poland, Board Liaison
The first newsletter will be sent out soon

E. Nominations Committee – Kari McCracken, Board Liaison – N/A

F. Program Committee – Randall Sharp, Board Liaison  

G. Scholarship and Awards Committee – Teresa Lewis, Board Liaison 
Barry Gales reported that timeline for activities have been sent to Randall
Brian Hughes emailed Lisa Slaton to ask if we can have electronic forms available on the OSHP website for members to submit nominations
H. Social Media and Communications Committee – Brian Hughes, Board Liaison
Brian has been working with Miki Finnin, Darlene Doty, and Lisa Slaton
The committee will start sending out a monthly email blast to provide members with updates about OSHP and to include embedded links to district meetings and other important events.  The first email was sent out this week.
Lisa will also be soliciting information from members who have had achievements such as receiving certifications or achievements.  These will be posted quarterly on the website and in the email blasts.
Brian is working with Lisa to get the residency forum going.  Possibly considering assigning a resident as the “chief” or “moderator” of the forum with guidance from Brian.   

V. OLD BUSINESS
1. Update on compiling list of committee chair duties
a. Randall has forwarded emails related to timelines from the Scholarship and Awards Committee and from the Program Committee
b. Yvette Morrison has also put together a summary document of goals and timelines for the Legislative Committee
c. These documents will be saved in the shared dropbox and the Secretary will disseminate the files to the appropriate chairperson for each Committee each year.  If the committee chairs need to revise the documents then they will notify their Board Liaison about the needed changes.
d. Debbie is working on the Vendor showcase list of duties 
e. Brian will get with Miki to get the finalized list of duties for the Social Media and Communications Committee

 
2. Update on fall meeting agenda
a. The board approved the OSHP fall meeting brochure with revisions (correcting the name of meeting site and removing the promotional discount that was used last year to promote OSHP’s new website)

3. Results of ideas from membership for non-industry sponsored CE with the State Board of Pharmacy
a. Randall presented the results of the OSHP members’ survey for non-industry supported CE topics.  The proposed topics include: USP 800, drug diversion, therapeutic drug monitoring, CMS core measures, transitions of care, CPOE, etc.  Randall will forward the summary document of topic ideas to Dr Foust with the state board of pharmacy for his thoughts.
b. Randall also presented a possible partnering opportunity for education with the college of osteopathic medicine for a cardiology conference.  The board discussed this and agreed that it may be worth looking further into.  Randall will send this document along to the ED chair to investigate further.

VI. NEW BUSINESS
1. Oklahoma reception at the ASHP Midyear meeting
a. Yvette has reached out to Randall to see if the board wishes to have her coordinate the Oklahoma reception at ASHP Midyear.  Randall has asked Yvette to go ahead and take the lead on planning and to submit the application to ASHP for this event.  Mark proposed officially making the role of the Oklahoma reception coordinator a subcommittee of the Programming Committee and asking Yvette to be the Chairperson of this subcommittee.

2. Idea of bulk memberships submitted to the membership committee to review
a. A request was made to Randall about offering group discounts for bulk memberships.  Randall has forwarded this request to the membership committee chairpersons (Bruce and Nassim) for the committee to consider this request. The board also discussed this issue and agreed that groups will need to submit a list of member names along with a single payment in the form of cash or check to OSHP to get the discount. The board also discussed possibly providing incremental discounts for larger groups.

3. Space for students to attend district meetings: the board discussed seating availability for students at district meetings and agreed to table the discussion until the next board meeting pending reports from Brian and Debbie.

VII. ADJOURNMENT
The meeting was adjourned at 5:36 pm

ADDENDUM A: Items that were discussed by Board members following the August Board meeting
Virtual House of Delegates: Randall forwarded an email from ASHP to the OSHP board members regarding ASHP conducting their first ever virtual House of Delegates in November.  See Virtual House FAQs provided by ASHP.  Mark proposed that we have our delegates provide information about this to the members at the Eastern and Western District meetings and possibly at the OSHP fall meeting.
Eastern District Non-industry funded CE: Emily was able to schedule 2 speakers for September 29th to present 2 hours of CE pending state board of pharmacy approval.  The meeting will be held at either LPCH or St Francis Hospital in Tulsa.  The board discussed via email and unanimously approved using OSHP funds to purchase pizza for the event. 
Request for Job postings: An organization in Oklahoma sent an email request asking OSHP to post their request for pharmacists to fill a job opening.  The board members discussed via email and agreed to enforce the policy of having the organization pay the $100 fee per job posting.
Non-industry sponsored CE collaborative efforts with the state board of pharmacy
o Dr Foust indicated his interest with USP 800 and drug diversion as topics for the CE program.  Brian will work with OU and SWOSU to plan the event.
OSHP fall meeting: 
o Due to a schedule conflict one of the speakers for the fall meeting will not be able to present.  Two other speakers have agreed to extend their presentations to 1.5 hours each to maintain the 6 hours of CE hours offered. 
o The director of pharmacy at St Francis hospital has offered to provide a pharmacy tour to OSHP fall meeting participants.  The board discussed via email and agreed that this would be a good idea.
PPMI initiative: The SWOSU sOSHP chapter has requested Randall speak about the ASHP PPMI initiative.  Kari reported that she spoke about this last year and would be willing to present the material again this year.

 

 

Community Search
Sign In


Calendar
Latest News
Featured Members

OKLAHOMA SOCIETY OF HEALTH-BASED PHARMACISTS
PO BOX 2371
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK  73101