Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
2015 January Board Meeting Minutes
Share |
 

OSHP BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING AGENDA

January 28, 2015, 3:10- 4:10 PM

Oklahoma City, OK (Room 230) and Tulsa, OK (Room 1D290



I. CALL TO ORDER
With a quorum present, President McCracken called the meeting to order at 3:10 pm.

Members Present: Kari McCracken, President
Randall Sharp, President-Elect
Miki Finnin, Past-President (via telephone)
Matt Bird, Treasurer 
Teresa Lewis, Secretary
Debbie Poland, Western District Chair (via telephone)
Emily Gray, Easter District Chair (via telephone)
Guests Present: Michelle Splinter 
Katie Kirkpatrick, OU sOSHP representative

II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
President Elect made the motion to approve the October Board meeting minutes.  Treasurer Matt Bird seconded the motion.  The board approved the meeting minutes.

III. BOARD REPORTS
A. Secretary
We have about 225 members who have not renewed their membership so far.  Lisa Slaton will send out a reminder email for membership renewals on February 1st.
B. Treasurer  
The profit and loss budget was sent out to Board members prior to the meeting.  In 2014 we had a net profit of $6,000.  Currently, we have roughly $202,000 in the checking account.
Per the bylaws we need to maintain enough funds to cover 2 years’ worth of expenses.  Kari asked Matt to pull the expenses for the last few years to summarize OSHP’s annual expenses.
On 8/22/2013 OSHP purchased two $30,000 CD’s.  One was a 5-year CD and the other was a 3-year CD.  A third CD in the amount of $30,000 should have been purchased to mature in 1-year.  For an unknown reason, the third CD was never purchased.  (That money is still in the bank account. It was not invested in a CD.)  Because the purchase of this CD never occurred, are we able to purchase a 1 year CD now?  Will the Board need to revisit this issue and vote on its investment or is this something that the finance committee will need to decide on?  Matt recommended holding off on making any decisions about the CD’s and investments for now until the transfer of the treasurer takes place.  Matt made the motion to pick this issue back up in the summer.  Randall seconded the motion.  The Board approved the motion.
Does the Board wish to invest some of the excess funds in the bank account.  Matt recommended waiting until the new Treasurer is installed into the position to make decisions about this so that things do not fall through the cracks as with the previous issues with purchasing the CD’s.
Our Quickbooks need to be cleaned up to make sense of the data.  Miki suggested that we reach ask our accountant what their fees will be to be our bookkeeper.  Right now our accountant does our taxes every year and every 2 years they perform a biennial audit.  Matt will check with the accountant first.  The other option would be to see if Lisa Slaton would be comfortable and capable of cleaning up our Quickbook account and serve as our bookkeeper.
C. Eastern District Chair
We have meetings through May booked.
There was a big turnout for the CE program offered on Monday (Feb 26, 2015).  The feedback from attendees were very positive.
D. Western District Chair
The January vendor canceled at the last minute.  This vendor has scheduled meetings twice before and canceled both times.  We have a sponsor for February.  Debbie will try to get the April and May meetings confirmed for the next Western District Chair.
E. President-Elect 
Randall attended the Pharmacy Alliance meeting with Matt Bird.  Two major topics discussed were Provider status and PBMs hurting independent community pharmacies.
There is a rotating sponsorship of the Pharmacy Alliance meeting.  Matt suggested that OSHP should consider sponsoring a future Pharmacy Alliance Meeting.  Kari mentioned that OSHP co-sponsored the meeting with a pharmacy consultant group in the past and the cost was ~$900-$1000 for co-sponsoring the event.  This amount covers food for the event.  PPOK will sponsor the meeting in the fall.  Randall suggested that he can volunteer OSHP for the spring meeting.   
Legislative day will be on Feb 24, 2015.
F. Past-President - none 
G. President
Approval of cost of $1030 for use of Moore-Norman Technology Center for meeting on March 27th.  Matt motioned to approve spending this amount for reserving the facility for the spring meeting.  Randall seconded the motion.  The Board voted and approved reserving the facility for the spring meeting.
Approval of free registration for Pharmacy Directors who participate in the reverse vendor showcase at the Spring meeting.  Matt motioned to approve the proposal.  Randall seconded the motion.  The Board approved offering the directors of pharmacy free registration to the spring meeting for their participation in the reverse vendorship.
H. Student Liaisons - none
IV. COMMITTEE REPORTS/UPDATES
A. Finance Committee – no report  
B. Legislative Committee – no report
C. Membership Committee – no report
D. Newsletter Committee – no report
E. Nominations Committee – Miki Finnin, Board Liaison  
ASHP delegates: Ann Lloyd and Edna Patatanian will start their 2 year term as ASHP delegates.
Darin Smith will continue on for 1 more year as continuing ASHP delegate since Tracy Hagemann left Oklahoma.
Mark Mills was voted as the alternate ASHP delegate.
OSHP Board of Pharmacy nominees: Yvette Morrison and Edna Patatanian 
The call for nominations for officer elections will be sent out Feb 2, 2015.  It will be kept open through Feb 13, 2015.  The ballot will be sent out on Feb 23, 2015 and finish by March 6, 2015.
F. Program Committee – see above in president report
G. Scholarship and Awards Committee –Michelle Splinter, Committee Chair
Resident Award: Michelle was asked to look into developing a resident award.  The committee had some questions about what would be the expectations for a resident who will be given this award.  How do we assess and award winner?  Is it expected that the resident will give back to OSHP?  Do we want the resident to present at a national meeting?  Michelle reported that the Committee would like to spend some more time to assess this award and come back to the Board later this year for plans for next year.
H. Social Media and Communications Committee – Miki Finnin, Board Liaison  
Update membership on statistics of new website either verbally in the first few minutes of the meeting or send out as a flyer during the annual meeting.  Maybe provide a slideshow that plays over lunchtime to provide information and statistics related to the website.  Miki will check with the programming committee chairs to find out what would be best.
This information should also be included in the annual report for the committee.
V. ADJOURNMENT
Meeting was adjourned at 4:10 pm.

 
Community Search
Sign In


Calendar
Latest News
Featured Members

OKLAHOMA SOCIETY OF HEALTH-BASED PHARMACISTS
PO BOX 2371
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK  73101