Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
October 2016 Board of Director Meeting Minutes
Share |

 

OSHP BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES

Date:   October 28, 2016                  Time: 3:15 p.m.

Conference Call 1(929)237-1729 Conference ID 365783

 

I.      CALL TO ORDER

 

Members Present: Debbie Poland, Alice Kirkpatrick, Randall Sharp, Jennifer Bird, Mark Mills

 

Members Absent: Brian Hughes, Kaili Melton

 

Guests Present: SWOSU student: Anna Wallis and OU student: Nabil Sukar       

 

II.     APPROVAL OF MINUTES – approved with correction of names

 

III.    BOARD REPORTS

 

A.   Secretary- Alice Kirkpatrick:

·            Membership numbers

 

Dec 2015

September 2016

October 2016

 

Eastern District

Western District

Eastern District

Western District

Eastern District

Western District

Pharmacists

107

122

74

111

79

115

Students

31

64

27

40

29

47

Supporting

5

1

1

1

1

1

Technicians

16

5

4

3

5

9

1st Year Pharmacist

4

7

6

8

6

8

Resident

10

20

15

18

16

18

Total

173

219

127

181

136

198

 

Fall meeting Vendors:

16 registered

14 showed

13 paid

 

Fall meeting registrations: 69

 

B.   Treasurer – Mark Mills,

Fall meeting profit $2517

C.   Eastern District Chair- Kaili Melton: E-mailed report

September ED meeting went very well – residents were introduced and welcomed. Also had an October meeting last week that went well, but with smaller numbers (although was within one week of the big Fall Meeting). Next ED Meeting is November 10th.

D.   Western District Chair- Brian Hughes: e-mailed report

Regarding the WD, we have a meeting scheduled November 16th, Wednesday, at Red Prime, regarding parenteral nutrition. Announcement will go out soon.  Meetings are also in the works for January-March 2017, one of which should be the “diversion from a nursing perspective: talk for CE, provided by Mark St. Cyr’s wife (which she will also do for the ED).  The October CE at OSBP was a great success.

 

E.  President-Elect – Jennifer Bird- an invitation was sent to the membership for the OK Reception at the ASHP Midyear meeting.  The board discussed the budget for the reception.  The venue for the reception at ASHP Midyear in Las Vegas is more expensive than previous venues. After much discussion the board agreed to increase the budget for the reception from $1000 to $1500, and also to ask SWOSU and OU to increase their contribution for the reception.  The will be a limited number of drink tickets purchased (150) to be distributed to the guests when they arrive.  (Thus it would be 1-2 drink tickets per guest, if around 100 people attend the reception.) Limiting the number of drinks served will allow for the purchase of food. 

 

Jennifer, Debbie and Mark plan to attend the ASHP midyear meeting and attend the Oklahoma reception      

 

See addendum A for follow up.

 

F. Past-President – Randall Sharp: no report

 

G. President –Debbie Poland- See new business

 

H. Student Liaisons: nothing to report

 

IV.   COMMITTEE REPORTS/UPDATES-

 

A.   Finance Committee – Mark Mills, Board Liaison –

Our investment options are changing. We will be hearing of these options soon.

The finance committee is working on budget for next year.  Debbie pointed out that the committee will need to look at the policy for ASHP delegate travel.

It was clarified that the President Elect (Jennifer Bird) is also on the Finance Committee.

 

B.  Legislative Committee – Randall Sharp, Board Liaison –Feb. 22, 2017 is OK Legislature day.  Would like to have information about legislature day in OSHP newsletter before date.

       

C.   Membership Committee – Kaili Melton, Board Liaison- There is a mixer November 15th for Western district. This will be at the Yukon Hideaway.  A $500 budget for the mixer was approved.  Mark suggested that we have goals set for such mixers.  i.e. a goal of ten new members, and then track if goal is met

 

D.   Follow up on ability to send e-mails to pharmacy technicians in state will be placed on next board meeting agenda as old business.

 

E.   Newsletter Committee – Brian Hughes, Board Liaison

        Debbie will e-mail the newsletter committee to put information in newsletter regarding Legislative Day.

 

F.  Nominations Committee – Jennifer Bird, Board Liaison – Jamie Miller, Chair has e-mailed 7 individuals who were nominated for state board, three have accepted the nomination.  We are expecting to receive a call for ASHP delegate nominations soon. Edna Patatanian and Ann Lloyd rotate off as delegate this year.  Kari McCracken will continue one more year.  (See addendum  B for update on Nominations Committee)

 

G.   Program Committee – Debbie Poland, Board Liaison- Fall Meeting went well.  The Spring Annual Meeting is being planned.  The plan to take the residents forum out of the Spring meeting will make it easier to find space for meeting. 

 

H.  Scholarship and Awards Committee – Alice Kirkpatrick, Board Liaison- no report

 

I.   Social Media and Communications Committee – Brian Hughes, Board Liaison- e-mailed report

 

For updates regarding the Social Media and Communications Committee, we met in September and in October.  I am going to continue to focus on creating/maintaining forums on the website, starting with and RPD forum.

Amanda Rice, an OU student member of the committee, has put in some time working on OU student involvement with OSHP via social media, and has improved our FB/Twitter numbers impressively. Lisa Slaton is going to make Jacyntha and myself administrators on the website, 1) so Jacyntha can cross-post among FB/Twitter/website/etc, 2) so I can more easily work on forums, and 3) so we can attend the YourMembership demo as they will only provide this for administrators. 

The Committee has asked me to ask the BOD to really focus on posting and interacting more with the OSHP website and related social media.

       

V.    OLD BUSINESS

 

A.   Proposal on pharmacy technician training follow up.

Debbie will follow up with Yvette Morrison regarding clarification of the proposed pharmacy technician training program. 

B.    Debbie submitted a proposal for updating the standing committees: Social Media Committee and Newsletter Committee. The board approved this proposal for a change in the bylaws.  Alice will send the proposal to the district chairpersons so the proposed bylaws change can be presented at the January district meetings and then heard at the Annual Meeting. (see addendum C to minutes for wording of proposed bylaw change.)

C.   Residents’ forum- Jennifer Bird:  Jamie Miller and Jennifer surveyed the RPDs in the state and received word from 13 who plan to participate in a residents’ forum.  The proposed date is Friday, May 19, 2017.  The day will include 1-2 hours of preceptor development..  Plan to ask the OK Board about getting state approval for the CE.  This forum would be a full day event. 

We will try to schedule at the OU College of Pharmacy.  OSHP could help with catering costs.  This is a great opportunity to support the residents.

D.   The need to update the guidelines for travel reimbursement for ASHP delegates has been referred to the finance committee.

E.   Recommendation to program committee for fee for attending Residency Showcase

Propose that if a non-member plans to attend the residency show case they would need to register and pay $10.  For a student this would also allow them to have a student membership to OSHP.  Members do not need to pay to attend showcase, but they would need to register for the showcase.

F.    The board formally voted to add that the President Elect’s duties include coordinating the Oklahoma reception at Midyear.  (see addendum D)

New Business:

G.   Directors and Officers Insurance: the board voted to renew policy.  Mark to take care of payment.

 

VII.  ADJOURNMENT Adjourn 4:30 p.m.

Community Search
Sign In


Calendar
Latest News
Featured Members

OKLAHOMA SOCIETY OF HEALTH-BASED PHARMACISTS
PO BOX 2371
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK  73101