Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
August 2018 Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Share |

OSHP BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES

Date: August 10th, 2018   Time: 2:30 p.m.

Phone: 405-307-5895

I.  CALL TO ORDER- 2:37 PM

 Members Present:

Brian Hughes

Jeremy Johnson

Allyson Oyler

Richard Wheeler

Tiffany Kessler

 

Members Absent:

Jennifer Bird

 

 Guests Present:

None

 

II.  APPROVAL OF MINUTES

 

 A.   Motion- Brian

 B.   Second- Allyson

 

III.  PRESSING ITEM

 

 A.  BOD meeting times for the year

  i.  Agreed that Friday afternoons work best with everyone’s schedule

  1.  Projected dates: October 26th, November 16th, January 18th, February 15th, and March 8th

 2.  Meeting time will be 2:00PM

 

IV.  BOARD REPORTS

 

 A.   Secretary- Kiya Harrison

 a.    Conflict of interest forms—reminder

 

Jul-18

Jun-18

May-18

Mar-18

Feb-18

Jan-18

Dec-17

Nov-17

Oct-17

Sept-17

Aug-17

Jul-17

Eastern District

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1st Year Pharmacists

6

6

6

6

6

4

3

2

2

2

0

0

Pharmacists

70

68

67

62

61

50

76

75

75

71

72

72

Residents

14

10

10

9

9

9

17

17

17

12

12

9

Students

11

10

10

9

9

7

25

25

25

23

20

19

Supporting

2

2

2

2

2

1

1

1

1

1

2

2

Technicians

10

9

9

8

8

8

10

10

10

10

10

9

Total

113

105

104

96

95

79

132

130

130

119

116

111

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Western District

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1st Year Pharmacists

3

3

3

2

2

6

5

4

4

4

4

4

Pharmacists

90

89

88

79

77

67

112

112

110

110

109

106

Residents

17

12

12

11

11

11

17

16

15

15

15

10

Students

43

38

38

36

31

32

45

45

42

41

41

40

Supporting

1

1

1

1

1

1

2

2

2

2

1

1

Technicians

3

3

3

1

1

1

11

11

11

11

11

11

Total

157

146

145

130

123

118

192

190

184

183

181

172

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Total

270

251

249

226

218

197

324

320

314

302

297

283

 *December is an off month because people have changed what type of membership they are due to renewing

 

 B.   Treasurer – Tiffany Kessler (review emailed documents from 8/10)

 i.    Updated the board on the budgetii.    Increased travel fund given to delegates to $2000 last year (only 1 went over amount slightly)

 C.   Eastern District Chair- Allyson Oyler

 i.    Had 2 successful meetings in June (28 attendees at first meeting)

 D.   Western District Chair – Richard Wheeler

 i.    July and August meetings were successful

ii.    Speakers have been scheduled for September and October; still working on details for November meeting

 iii.    Working to collect resident information for September meeting. Deadline is set for first week of September.

 1.    Will work on having RPDs enter this information on the OSHP website next year.

 2.    May enforce an earlier deadline next year

 E.   President-Elect – Jeremy Johnson

 i.    SWOSU Professionalism Dinner for P1 students sponsorship (see email from Brian on 7/25)

 1.    Group who usually sponsors this dinner will not be able to this year.

 2.    Historically, have had ~100 guests (all P1s, some faculty, staff, admin, reps from sponsor) for a buffet style dinner.  The bill is usually between $1500-$1700. Possibly during Spring.

 3.    The board agreed to be a co-sponsor for this year as it may help promote student involvement in the organization. Jeremy will follow-up.

F.    Past-President – Jennifer Bird- no report

 G.   President –Brian Hughes

i.    Student Membership and Engagement

 1.    Combining dues

 a.    Consider giving a $5 discount for signing up for dual membership with OSHP and sOSHP.

 b.    Brian will send out an email with a proposed membership amount

 2.    Clinical skills competition (see email from 8/8)

 a.    Can plan to implement for Spring meeting.

 b.    May require students to be members to participate

 c.    Will make sure program committee chairs contact Ashley Fox to initiate planning

 3.    Student track at Spring meeting

 a.    Will need to consider space and resources to implement the programming.

 b.    Student panel currently planned for fall meeting.

 ii.    Re-affiliation with ASHP- paperwork has been submitted

 iii.    Continuing Excellence Award/Student Scholarships/Sylvia J. Martin Technician Award

 1.    Embedded in guidelines, so this will be a revision requiring board vote.

 2.    Will plan to vote via email.

 iv.    Domain email (see email from 7/31)

1.    Brian will follow-up with Lisa to try to resolve the issue (emails being rejected to certain accounts).

 v.    Performance review (Lisa S.)

1.    Have not reviewed Lisa’s performance in several years. Will vote in the future on a regular time to review her performance and reassess salary.

vi.    Dropbox (new members)

1.    Brian verified that all new members have access and encouraged members to review important documents/resources.

vii.    Venue/date for 2019 Annual Meeting (Jennifer Bird to f/u? – from May meeting)

viii.    2018 State Affiliate Presidential Officer Retreats (see email from 8/6)

1.    Jeremy and Brian will consider attending if available.

 H.   Student Liaisons:

 Huy Nhan (OUCOP): absent

 Kyle Klish (SWOSU COP): absent

 Brian- There will be a new incoming president this fall. Brian will reach out once classes begin.

 

V.    COMMITTEE REPORTS/UPDATES

 A.   Finance Committee – Tiffany Kessler

 a.    Planning to schedule a meeting soon

 B.   Legislative Committee – Richard Wheeler

 a.    A new interim executive director at the state board has been selected.

 C.   Membership Committee – Allyson Oyler

 a.    A co-chair is needed (one interested person)

 D.   Newsletter Committee – Brian Hughes

 a.    Working on getting resident information from RPDs

 E.   Nominations Committee – Jennifer Bird- no report

 F.    Program Committee – Jeremy Johnson

 a.    Brian- will need to select a Spring and Fall 2019 venue/date

 b.    Seems like everything is on track with the fall meeting

 G.   Scholarship and Awards Committee – Kiya Harrison

 a.    Brian- more people needed on this committee to review applications. Has one person interested in joining.

 H.   Social Media and Communications Committee – Brian Hughes

 

VI.   OLD BUSINESS

 

 A.   ASHP Re-Affiliation – Brian Hughes/Jennifer Bird- ready to submit- remove from old business

 1.    Bylaws and guideline/policy review

 i.    Will keep 7.5.1 as it currently reads (president-elect will continue to be the next in line if the current president is unable to fulfill duties).

 ii.    Will look to adopt changes proposed by Jennifer in the future in order to make bylaw review and voting more efficient.

 iii.    Will consider moving committee structure from the bylaws to separate guidelines so that bylaws won’t need to be updated every time changes are made to committees.

 2.    Affiliation self-study

 3.    Scorecard

 B.   Strategic Planning Follow-up

 

VII.  NEW BUSINESS- none

 

VIII. ADJOURNMENT – 3:51 PM

Community Search
Sign In


Calendar
Latest News
Featured Members

OKLAHOMA SOCIETY OF HEALTH-BASED PHARMACISTS
PO BOX 2371
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK  73101