Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
2018 OSHP Board of Directors May Minutes
Share |

OSHP BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING AGENDA

Date: May 22, 2018              Time: 2:00 p.m.

Phone: 405-307-5895

I.  CALL TO ORDER at 2:00 PM

 

Members Present:

Brian Hughes

Tiffany Kessler

Jennifer Bird

Jeremy Johnson

Allyson Oyler

Kiya Harrison

Richard Wheeler

 

Members Absent:

None

 

Guests Present:

Huy Nhan

 

II.      APPROVAL OF MINUTES- via email by the 2017-2018 BOD

 

III.     SWEARING IN OF PRESIDENT-ELECT (Jeremy Johnson)

 

IV.    NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION/INFORMATION

 

III.    BOARD REPORTS

 

A.   Secretary- Kiya Harrison

Member numbers

18-May

Mar-18

18-Feb

18-Jan

17-Dec

Eastern District

1st Year Pharmacists

6

6

6

4

3

Pharmacists

67

62

61

50

76

Residents

10

9

9

9

17

Students

10

9

9

7

25

Supporting

2

2

2

1

1

Technicians

9

8

8

8

10

Total

104

96

95

79

132

Western District

1st Year Pharmacists

3

2

2

6

5

Pharmacists

88

79

77

67

112

Residents

12

11

11

11

17

Students

38

36

31

32

45

Supporting

1

1

1

1

2

Technicians

3

1

1

1

11

Total

145

130

123

107

192

Total

249

226

218

186

324

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

B.   Treasurer – Tiffany Kessler

i. Discussed the possibility for getting an email address through the OSHP website

Members agreed to commit to a short-term trial, then reconsider a long-term commitment (depending on expense and satisfaction with email service).

ii.    The current budget numbers look low. Tiffany and Brian will schedule a finance committee meeting soon to follow-up on budget details as it is unclear why numbers do not seem to reflect income.

C. Eastern District Chair- Allyson Oyler

i.  Reported 22 attendees at the last meeting

ii. Sponsors have been confirmed for the year, but she is still working on scheduling dates

D.   Western District Chair – Richard Wheeler

ii.  Three residents from Norman Regional presented at the last meeting, however attendance was lower than expected

ii.   Meetings through the fall are being planned

iii.    Questioned if the budget can be carried over from the 2017-18 year

1.  Tiffany did not see any major concerns outside of not being able to accurately track money that is rolled over. Will be discussed at the next finance committee meeting.

E.   President-Elect – Jeremy Johnson

i.  Based on feedback received during the residency research conference, Jeremy discussed the potential for charging more in the future so that the organization can make a profit.

ii.  We may also be able to reuse the facilities at St. Francis in the future if desired.

F.  Past-President – Jennifer Bird

i.  PTCB updates?

1.  There are changes in how they will reimburse organizations

2.  Biannual survey is required in order to receive reimbursement

ii.  Residency Research Conference

1.  Overall successful, but attendance was lower than last year (potentially due to location in Tulsa).

2.  Jennifer believes most members would prefer to alternate between Western and Eastern district locations.

G.  President –Brian Hughes

i.   Student Membership and Engagement

1.  Students are currently paying dues to sOSHP only

a.  Many students are unaware of benefits of OSHP

b.  Bundling memberships may be an option for a dual OSHP/sOSHP membership—will need to include Lisa in on the discussion

2.  Brian would like to visit both colleges of pharmacy and introduce himself; will open it up to all board members to join him

3.  Members were encouraged to review the rest of the word document for future discussion.

ii.  Drop Box vs. other file sharing/storage tech

1.  Evaluate options

a.  Discussed using Google drive

i.   Huy has successfully used this in the past

ii.  Tiffany noted some issues with formatting of documents in Google docs

b.  Other options: pay version of Dropbox, Microsoft 1 Drive

2.  In the meantime, will give Dropbox access to the new members

iii.  Pharmacy Technician Review Committee (email 5/21)

1.  Brian would like 1 person from hospital pharmacy and clinical pharmacy to serve on the committee

2.  This committee could potentially help expand technician duties

3.  Members encouraged to consider joining and helping to find volunteers

iv.  SQ 788

1.  The coalition against SQ 788 was discussed and members will vote via email concerning OSHP involvement in this coalition

v.  Pharmacist of the Year Changes – approved via email

vi. Continuing Excellence Changes – Scholarship/Awards liaison to discuss with chair?

1.  Will discuss in the future

vii. Conferencing Software

1.  Will continue to use conferencing software from Norman Regional

H. Student Liaisons:

Huy Nhan (OUCOP): Nothing to report

Kyle Klish (SWOSU COP): Absent

 

IV.   COMMITTEE REPORTS/UPDATES 

 

A. Selection of liaisons for OSHP committees

 

i.  New board members accepted the role as liaison for the following committees:

 

1. Membership committee- Allyson Oyler

 

2. Nominations committee- Jeremy Johnson

 

3.  Scholarships and Awards committee- Kiya Harrison

 

ii.  Continuing members agreed to keep their current committees

 

B. Finance Committee – Tiffany Kessler—no report

 

C. Legislative Committee – Richard Wheeler—no report

 

D. Membership Committee – Allyson Oyler—no report

 

E. Newsletter Committee – Brian Hughes

 

Plans underway for next newsletter. Beth/Kristin are awaiting President’s Podium, and Legislative Update, and Meeting Report. Brian will look into these.

 

F.  Nominations Committee – Jeremy Johnson—no report

 

G. Program Committee – Jennifer Bird

 

a.  Need to start considering a date for the Spring meeting which will be held in the Eastern District. Contact Kelly for location recommendations.

 

H. Scholarship and Awards Committee – Kiya Harrison (report from Brian Hughes)

 

a.  The committee has suggested changes to the continuing excellence award criteria

 

b.  Kiya will reach out to the committee concerning the recommendations for change and whether or not they would like the board to work on this

 

I.   Social Media and Communications Committee – Brian Hughes

 

a.  Website updates

 

i.  Update student sections – official report + pics from liaisons?

 

1.  Will begin receiving pictures from student chapters to post online

 

ii.  Update past BOD list – Lisa looking for editable copy

 

1.  May be able to convert the posted PDF to a word document

 

iii.  Post past meeting photos? Not discussed

 

iv.  Residency program updates – fold into RPD forum?

 

1.  Goal is to have this updated on the website

                        

V.  OLD BUSINESS

 

A. ASHP Re-Affiliation – Brian Hughes/Jennifer Bird

 

1.  Bylaws and guideline review – good start on these updates

 

2.  Affiliation self-study – support docs due in August

 

3.  Scorecard? (voluntary)

 

B. Strategic Planning Follow-up

 

1.  Will email out to new members in the coming weeks

 

VI.  NEW BUSINESS

 

A. Jennifer Bird provided information about the Alzheimer’s walk in the fall; Brian may be interested in forming a team and participating.

 

VII.  ADJOURNMENT

 

A.  Adjourned at 2:57 PM

 

ADDENDUM A: Items that were discussed by Board members following the May Board meeting

 

A.   Alteration of the demographics question on the registration from for the nominations committee

a.    Lisa asked if gender should be a required component on the registration form. Brian is ok with making it a non-required item or adding a third option for “prefer not to answer.”

B.   Anti-SQ 788 Coalition

a.    Members voted to support the coalition against state question 788. This was largely due to its vague wording.

C.   Speaker for Fall meeting

a.    John Hurst recommended Dr. George Sakoulas from the University of California San Diego to speak about his research on combination therapy for MRSA bacteremia in either August or September. He would fund his own travel and would not require an honorarium.

b.    Dr. Hurst would like to be present for his presentation, but will be out of town on 9/14 which conflicts with the fall meeting. However, it was concluded that due to financial limitations, the fall meeting would be most feasible option at this time. Program committee chairs, Kelly and Janice, will follow up with Dr. Sakoulas.

Community Search
Sign In


Calendar
Latest News
Featured Members

OKLAHOMA SOCIETY OF HEALTH-BASED PHARMACISTS
PO BOX 2371
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK  73101