Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
November 2018 Board of Director's Meeting Minutes
Share |

OSHP BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES

Date: November 16th, 2018   Time: 2:00 p.m.

Phone: 405-307-5895

I.        CALL TO ORDER—2:01 PM

 

Members Present:

Brian Hughes

Allyson Oyler

Jeremy Johnson

Richard Wheeler

Tiffany Kessler

 

Members Absent:

Jennifer Bird

 

Guests Present:

None

 

II.      APPROVAL OF MINUTES

 

 A.   Motion- Brian

 B.   Second- Tiffany

 

III.     BOARD REPORTS

 

 A.   Secretary- Kiya Harrison

i.    Will try to be more intentional about inviting student sOSHP representatives to meetings

 

Oct- 18

Sept- 18

Aug- 18

Jul-18

Jun-18

May-18

Mar-18

Feb-18

Jan-18

Dec-17

Nov-17

Oct-17

Eastern District

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1st Year Pharmacists

 

7

 

7

 

6

6

6

6

6

6

4

3

2

2

Pharmacists

75

74

70

70

68

67

62

61

50

76

75

75

Residents

16

15

14

14

10

10

9

9

9

17

17

17

Students

14

14

11

11

10

10

9

9

7

25

25

25

Supporting

2

2

2

2

2

2

2

2

1

1

1

1

Technicians

12

10

10

10

9

9

8

8

8

10

10

10

Total

126

122

113

113

105

104

96

95

79

132

130

130

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Western District

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1st Year Pharmacists

7

6

3

3

3

3

2

2

6

5

4

4

Pharmacists

98

95

90

90

89

88

79

77

67

112

112

110

Residents

25

24

18

17

12

12

11

11

11

17

16

15

Students

58

49

40

43

38

38

36

31

32

45

45

42

Supporting

1

1

1

1

1

1

1

1

1

2

2

2

Technicians

3

3

3

3

3

3

1

1

1

11

11

11

Total

192

178

155

157

146

145

130

123

118

192

190

184

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Total

318

300

268

270

251

249

226

218

197

324

320

314

 *December is an off month because people have changed what type of membership they are due to renewing

 

 B.   Treasurer – Tiffany Kessler (review emailed documents)

i.    Previously expected not to make a profit from the fall meeting, however we are headed towards a larger profit than expected and may be in the positive.

ii.    There are $2,500-$3,000 checks not yet deposited; however, some additional expenses are waiting to come out in November/December.

iii.    Did not have to pay accounting firm for biannual audit

iv.    Profit from annual meetings seem to fluctuate from year to year so difficult to project

 C.   Eastern District Chair- Allyson Oyler

i.    Have not had a meeting since the last board meeting

ii.   Next meeting planned for November 27th- Xarelto topic

iii.   Will begin planning in December to schedule more spring meetings

 D.   Western District Chair – Richard Wheeler

i.    Had a meeting on November 6th; the topic was eosinophilia and 39 people attended.

ii.   For January, considering a topic regarding the new aminoglycoside

iii.   Searching for a venue to host a meeting on the roof of a restaurant in the spring

v.    Looking for a way to eliminate the need to register twice for meeting

 E.   President-Elect – Jeremy Johnson

i.    ASHP Midyear OK reception planning is complete

 1.    Will be held at the conference headquarters hotel

 2.    Catering total = $5,683.81

 3.    Working with Lisa to coordinate RSVP details— may email her directly and have her keep a running list

 F.    Past-President – Jennifer Bird- absent

 G.   President –Brian Hughes

i.    Student Membership and Engagement

 1.    Will be calling Lisa to resolve the dual membership payment glitch

 ii.    2019 Annual Spring Meeting

 1.    Inquiry about inviting a speaker from ASHP

 a.    Would be responsible for travel costs

 b.    sOSHP students at OU would like the speaker to come to the college—this may be an obstacle because the conference is in Tulsa and OU would need to pay for their hotel stay in OKC.

 c.    Jeremy will follow-up with Kelly and Janice on this— need more specific costs calculated in order for the board to take a vote

 d.    Tiffany mentioned that we have given a donation to ASHP (~$500) in the past in lieu of an honorarium.

iii.    Suggestions from vendors for future conferences

1.    Potential for vendor membership?

 2.    Other previously discussed items:

 a.    Allowing vendors to eat lunch with attendees

 b.    Increasing vendor booth price to purchase better prizes

 3.    Will hold off on addressing these suggestions for now

 iv.    Highlights from affiliates conference attended this week

 1.    Great information and able to engage with many people. Brian will send out a summary of his notes.

 2.    Valuable information concerning finances (will look further into this and pass off information to Tiffany)

 3.    Emphasis on member engagement:

 a.    Get with Lisa to send out personal emails/phone calls to new members.

b.    Reach out to members who are nominated for positions and are not selected. Could consider offering them another role such as a chair position.

c.    Create a 5 year strategy to increase dues.

d.    Have an option to auto-renew membership— possibly a 2-3 year membership for a discounted price.

 H.   Student Liaisons:

 Huy Nhan (OUCOP): absent

 Caroline Ohare (SWOSU COP): absent

 

V.    COMMITTEE REPORTS/UPDATES

 

 I.Finance Committee – Tiffany Kessler

 a.    No meeting held

 b.    PTCB- will receive some funds; learned that they cannot make an exclusive contract

 II.Legislative Committee – Richard Wheeler- no report

 a.    Brian discussed participation in regional and national phone calls

 III.Membership Committee – Allyson Oyler

 a.    Prorating membership dues—update?

i.    A teleconference will be held with Allyson, Tiffany, Lisa and Brian to discuss this issue.

 IV.Newsletter Committee – Brian Hughes- no report

 V.Nominations Committee – Jennifer Bird- absent

 VI.Program Committee – Jeremy Johnson- no report

 VII.Scholarship and Awards Committee – Kiya Harrison

 a.    Brian mentioned that a PGY2 HIV resident is interested in joining this committee.

 VIII.Social Media and Communications Committee – Brian Hughes

 

VI.   OLD BUSINESS

 

 A.   Affiliation self-study

 B.   Strategic Planning Follow-up

 1.    A retreat may be needed to discuss this- will plan for January at Mercy Hospital

 C.   Bylaws Revision

 1.    Brian working on a summary

 D.   Guidelines/Policies Revision

 1.    Continuing Excellence Award

 i.    Address current cap on number of credits per activity (see emailed documents)

 1.    Board reviewed revisions to documents and voted to approve changes. Motion- Jeremy, Second- Allyson

 2.    Student Scholarships

 i.    Will increase incrementally by $500 each year over the next 2 years.

 ii.    Allow members to donate and emphasize that it is tax deductible.

 1.    501c6 (non-tax deductible) vs. 501c3 (tax deductible)

iii.    Will get changes to Lisa to put on the website

 E.   Clinical skills competition prize cost (add to next agenda)

 

VII.  NEW BUSINESS

 

 None

 

VIII. ADJOURNMENT—2:57 PM

Community Search
Sign In


Calendar
Latest News
Featured Members

OKLAHOMA SOCIETY OF HEALTH-BASED PHARMACISTS
PO BOX 2371
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK  73101