Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
October 2018 Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Share |

OSHP BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES

Date: October 26th, 2018     Time: 2:00 p.m.

Phone: 405-307-5895

 

I.        CALL TO ORDER—2:02 PM

 Members Present:

Brian Hughes

Jennifer Bird

Allyson Oyler

Tiffany Kessler

Kiya Harrison

Richard Wheeler

 

Members Absent:

Jeremy Johnson

 Guests Present:

None

 

II.      APPROVAL OF MINUTES

 

 A.   Motion- Tiffany Kessler

 B.   Second- Allyson Oyler

 

III.     BOARD REPORTS

 

 A.   Secretary- Kiya Harrison

 

Oct- 18

Sept- 18

Aug- 18

Jul-18

Jun-18

May-18

Mar-18

Feb-18

Jan-18

Dec-17

Nov-17

Oct-17

Eastern District

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1st Year Pharmacists

 

7

 

7

 

6

6

6

6

6

6

4

3

2

2

Pharmacists

75

74

70

70

68

67

62

61

50

76

75

75

Residents

16

15

14

14

10

10

9

9

9

17

17

17

Students

14

14

11

11

10

10

9

9

7

25

25

25

Supporting

2

2

2

2

2

2

2

2

1

1

1

1

Technicians

12

10

10

10

9

9

8

8

8

10

10

10

Total

126

122

113

113

105

104

96

95

79

132

130

130

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Western District

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1st Year Pharmacists

7

6

3

3

3

3

2

2

6

5

4

4

Pharmacists

98

95

90

90

89

88

79

77

67

112

112

110

Residents

25

24

18

17

12

12

11

11

11

17

16

15

Students

58

49

40

43

38

38

36

31

32

45

45

42

Supporting

1

1

1

1

1

1

1

1

1

2

2

2

Technicians

3

3

3

3

3

3

1

1

1

11

11

11

Total

192

178

155

157

146

145

130

123

118

192

190

184

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Total

318

300

268

270

251

249

226

218

197

324

320

314

 *December is an off month because people have changed what type of membership they are due to renewing

 

 B.   Treasurer – Tiffany Kessler (review emailed documents)

 i.    Fall meeting

 1.    Vendor profit up from predicted

 2.    Overall fall meeting profit— made $5,856

 ii.    Expenses

 1.    Website fees may be costly

 2.    Will likely not be in debt, but probably won’t make a profit

 iii.    Was able to get access to the investments

iv.    Would like to purchase a cart to help carry large boxes during conferences- voted on and approved by the board

 C.   Eastern District Chair- Allyson Oyler

 i.    Have had 3 successful district meetings so far this fall with the following attendance numbers:

 1.    Aug- 34 attendees

 2.    Sept- introduced residents; 24 attendees

 3.    Oct- 25 attendees

ii.    November and Spring meetings have been planned and speakers secured.

 D.   Western District Chair – Richard Wheeler

i.    Oct meeting- 43 attendees

ii.    November meeting speaker and venue have been secured

 iii.    Still planning Jan/Feb meetings

 E.   President-Elect – Jeremy Johnson- absent

 F.    Past-President – Jennifer Bird

i.    Upcoming dates to be aware of:

 1.    Membership renewal letters usually sent out in November

 2.    ASHP delegates selection completed by January

 3.    Officer nominations occur around February

ii.    Deposit has been paid for ASHP midyear reception room

iii.    Resident research conference will be held on May 20th at OU College of Pharmacy

 G.   President –Brian Hughes

i.    Student Membership and Engagement

 1.    OSHP/sOSHP dual membership discount

 a.    Able to purchase for about $27

2.    Glitch on website with wrong amount

 a.    A few students did not receive the discount—board voted to approve providing reimbursement to those affected by glitch

 ii.    2019 Annual Spring Meeting date and venue have been set

 1.    Will be held at OSU Center for Health Sciences on April 12th

iii.    Suggestions for the Affiliate’s Conference

 1.    Brian will attend in Dallas 11/12-11/13

 iv.    Suggestions from vendors for future conferences

 1.    Desire more access to pharmacists and pharmacy directors

 a.    May encourage pharmacists to speak with vendors more at lunchtime since this seemed to be the slowest period.

 2.    Increase booth price and use money for door prizes

 3.    Vendors would like to be able to eat lunch with attendees

 a.    Cassidy to check ACPE rules

 4.    Vendor membership to OSHP

a.    Unclear if there is anything against them joining as “associate members” per bylaws—Brian will look into this

b.    May consider offering a special package or bundle allowing them access to conferences, etc.

 5.    Brian will ask Jeremy Johnson to look further into these ideas.

 H.   Student Liaisons:

 Huy Nhan (OUCOP): absent

 Caroline Ohara (SWOSU COP): absent

 

V.    COMMITTEE REPORTS/UPDATES

 

 A.   Finance Committee – Tiffany Kessler- no report

 B.   Legislative Committee – Richard Wheeler- no report

 a.    Brian- an OSHP member is interested in joining this committee; he will relay their information to Richard

 C.   Membership Committee – Allyson Oyler

i.    There have been email communications about starting a membership drive.

ii.    Committee will send out an email reminder to renew membership.

iii.    Brian- OSHP website is able to prorate membership dues—board voted to approve this

1.    Will need to work out when the prorate period will begin (Brian to follow-up).

D.   Newsletter Committee – Brian Hughes- no report

 E.   Nominations Committee – Jennifer Bird- no report

F.    Program Committee – Jeremy Johnson- no report

 G.   Scholarship and Awards Committee – Kiya Harrison

 a.    Barry Gales sent out an email to the committee last month with a projected timeline of upcoming events.

 b.    Currently waiting on approval of scholarship/award applications that were revised over the summer. Will then work with Lisa to get them posted to the website.

 c.    Brainstorming any new ideas for fundraisers to help offset cost of student scholarships

 H.   Social Media and Communications Committee – Brian Hughes- no report

 

VI.   OLD BUSINESS

 

 A.   Affiliation self-study

 B.   Scorecard

 C.   Strategic Planning Follow-up

 D.   Bylaws Revision

 1.    Almost complete; Brian working on writing a summary

 2.    Will work on how member voting will be implemented

 3.    Some committees will be removed from the bylaws and placed into guidelines in order to minimize updates to the bylaws.

 E.   Guidelines/Policies Revision

 1.    Sylvia J. Martin Award

i.    Voted on and approved by board to make this a peer nomination.

 2.    Continuing Excellence Award

i.    Brian will create a proposal to address the current cap on number of credits per activity.

 3.    Student Scholarships

i.    Brian presented a question of whether to increase scholarship amount.

 1.    Will increase incrementally by $500 each year over the next 2 years.

 2.    Allow members to donate and emphasize that it is tax deductible.

 

VII.  NEW BUSINESS

 

 1.    Invite Lisa to future meetings since she is involved in implementing many of our action items.

2.    Reach out to students to encourage attendance on conference calls.

 3.    Kiya – Program committee chairs were wondering if OSHP would be willing to fund a prize for students who win the clinical skills competition at the Spring meeting.

i.    Board willing to fund a small prize (e.g. Amazon gift card) and a plaque/certificate

ii.    Kiya to follow-up with committee chairs and solicit ideas for prize

 

VIII. ADJOURNMENT—3:11 PM

Community Search
Sign In


Calendar
Latest News
Featured Members

OKLAHOMA SOCIETY OF HEALTH-BASED PHARMACISTS
PO BOX 2371
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK  73101