Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
OSHP November 2015 Board Meeting Minutes
Share |

 

OSHP BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING AGENDA

November 18, 2015 3:00-5:00 PM

Via telephone conference

 

I.      CALL TO ORDER

  With a quorum present, President Sharp called the meeting to order at 3:10 pm.

       

        Members Present:           Randall Sharp, President

                                                Debbie Poland, President-Elect

                                                Kari McCracken, Past-President  

                                                Emily Gray, Easter District Chair

                                                Brian Hughes, Western District Chair

                                                 

        Members Absent: Teresa Lewis, Secretary and Mark Mills, Treasurer

 

II.     APPROVAL OF MINUTES- delayed approval of past minutes, will do by email

 

III.    BOARD REPORTS

A.   Secretary:

·            Membership numbers

 

December 2014

October 2015

Novemberr 2015

 

Eastern District

Western District

Eastern District

Western District

Eastern District

Western District

Pharmacists

108

131

102

118

104

119

Students

28

72

31

64

33

66

Supporting

3

3

5

1

5

1

Technicians

24

5

7

4

17

5

1st Year Pharmacist

4

11

3

6

3

6

Resident

8

14

12

19

12

19

Total

175

239

170

212

174

216

 

B.   Treasurer – N/A

        C. Eastern District Chair- there will be another non-industry sponsored CE activity tomorrow November 9 at St. John’s Hospital. There are 22 attendees currently registered. Cost of food is $145. The Board commented this is the third non-industry CE event in the Tulsa area that there has been low attendance. The Board decided to hold off on any more of these events in the Eastern District for now due to low attendance.

        D.  Western District Chair

·         Co-sponsored CE with State board of pharmacy- Brian is still working with the State BOP on this issue, with the hope of launching our first event at the State Board offices in the spring 2016. He will discuss with Darrin Smith about possibly having drug diversion as a topic for this spring event.

·         Jack Stahlmann motivational speaker  (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jack-stahlmann/)- the Board decided they need more information regarding the cost of doing this before deciding to proceed further.

        E. President-Elect- the Board voted (all members who were present) to accept the language Debbie drafted into the OSHP Policies and Procedures document regarding assignment of coordination of the Oklahoma Reception at the annual ASHP Midyear meeting to the President-Elect on a yearly basis.

        F.  Past-President- nothing to report

        G. President – please refer to new & old business section

        H. Student Liaisons- nothing to report

 

IV.   COMMITTEE REPORTS/UPDATES

        A. Finance Committee – Mark Mills, Board Liaison. N/A

        B. Legislative Committee – Kari McCracken, Board Liaison. Kari relayed to the Board the recent email from Yvette Morrison regarding discussions she has had with OPhA regarding a closer working relationship with OSHP on legislative matters, and also reported on 2016 legislative issues mentioned in the email.

        C. Membership Committee – Emily Gray, Board Liaison. When the new committee is in place next year, there needs to be a discussion about ideas to draw in new members.

        D.  Newsletter Committee – Debbie Poland, Board Liaison. Nothing to report.

        E.  Nominations Committee – Kari McCracken, Board Liaison. Nothing to report.

        F.   Program Committee – Randall Sharp, Board Liaison. Nothing to report. 

G.  Scholarship and Awards Committee – Teresa Lewis, Board Liaison. N/A

        H.  Social Media and Communications Committee – Brian Hughes, Board Liaison. Brian will discuss with Lisa regarding about having on online form for nominations for scholarships and awards.

       

V.    OLD BUSINESS

1.    Do we need to modify the bylaws to have the Social Media as a subcommittee of the Newsletter Committee or make it a separate committee? The Board had a discussion about having a monthly newsletter published versus the current quarterly newsletter. Brian agreed to discuss this issue further with the Social Media committee and will report back to the Board.

2.    Student attendance at the OSHP Fall meeting Residency Showcase. A Board member had a discussion with Mark Gales, current Chair of the Residency showcase, and stated his opinion was to have a refund statement on the OSHP website as well as to the meeting brochure that there will not be a charge to attend the Residency Showcase. The Board voted in agreement of this proposal.

3.    Meeting registration refund policy- #2 above. Not discussed further at this meeting, but may be discussed at a future Board meeting.

4.    Cubist “stop payment” at vendor showcase from fall meeting- Cubist actually did pay, this was just a clerical error in reporting.

5.    Adding language into OSHP guidelines and Policies document regarding assigning coordination of the Oklahoma reception at ASHP Midyear meeting as a duty of the President-Elect. See item E earlier in the minutes under Board Reports.

VI.   NEW BUSINESS

1.    Deciding venue spring meeting on April 8th- Randall will discuss with Sandy Warner as well as the Program Committee regarding possible venue sites in the Oklahoma City area to hold the meeting and will report back to the Board.

 

VII.  ADJOURNMENT- meeting was adjourned at 4:05 PM. The Board decided to not have a December Board meeting. Randall will email the Board regarding selecting possible dates for a January 2016 Board meeting.

 

 

        

Community Search
Sign In


Calendar
Latest News
Featured Members

OKLAHOMA SOCIETY OF HEALTH-BASED PHARMACISTS
PO BOX 2371
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK  73101