Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
July 2019 OSHP Board of Directors Meeting
Share |

OSHP BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES

Date: July 19th, 2019  Time: 2:00 p.m.

Zoom Meeting Link: https://zoom.us/j/485915743

Dial in option: +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose); +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 485 915 743

I.        CALL TO ORDER – 2:01 PM

 

Members Present:

Jeremy Johnson

Brian Hughes

Allyson Oyler

Jon Willett

Jennifer Tieu

Kiya Harrison

Kim Whitley

 

 Members Absent:

None

 

 Guests Present: Lisa Slaton

 

II.      APPROVAL OF MINUTES- approved via email on 4/11/19; now proposing approval of addendum items

 

 A.   Motion: Allyson Oyler

 B.   Second: Brian Hughes

 

III.     BOARD WELCOME AND OFFICER SWEAR IN

 

 A.   Jennifer Tieu and Kim Whitley were sworn into the offices of Treasurer and Western District Chair, respectively.

 

IV.    BOARD REPORTS

 

 A.   Secretary- Kiya Harrison

i.    Annual report timeline

 1.    Requesting a later deadline for the annual report in order to be able to include student chapter election results, numbers from the spring meeting, and the residency conference numbers.

 a.    The board was not sure if the annual report timeframe is based on the ASHP-suggested policy. Current bylaws state that the report shall be made available at the Annual Meeting. Brian will update verbage and present at a future board meeting for vote.

 ii.    Pharmacist of the Year nomination process feedback

 1.    Pete Johnson noticed that the award application is a free text document with no specific criteria. Maybe we can look into developing more specific categories/criteria (similar to the continuing excellence award).

 2.    Will have Pete develop some criteria and make suggestions to the board.

 iii.    Member numbers:

 

19-Jul

19-Jun

19-May

19-Apr

19-Mar

19-Feb

19-Jan

18-Dec

18-Oct

18-Sep

18-Aug

Eastern District

 

 

 

 

 

 

1st Year Pharmacists

4

4

4

4

3

3

3

8

7

7

6

Pharmacists

69

65

64

64

56

53

48

75

75

74

70

Residents

15

14

12

12

12

12

12

17

16

15

14

Students

8

8

8

8

6

6

4

13

14

14

11

Supporting

3

3

3

3

1

1

1

2

2

2

2

Technicians

9

9

8

8

7

7

7

12

12

10

10

Total

108

103

99

99

85

82

75

127

126

122

113

 

 

 

 

 

 

Western District

 

 

 

 

 

 

1st Year Pharmacists

13

11

10

10

7

6

6

7

7

6

3

Pharmacists

95

90

90

87

77

76

60

101

98

95

90

Residents

22

15

15

15

15

15

15

21

25

24

18

Students

51

50

48

48

44

43

34

66

58

49

40

Supporting

3

1

1

1

1

1

1

1

1

1

1

Technicians

0

0

0

0

0

0

0

3

3

3

3

Total

182

167

164

161

144

141

116

202

192

178

155

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Total

290

270

263

260

229

223

191

329

318

300

268

 *December is an off month because people have changed what type of membership they are due to renewing

 

 B.   Treasurer – Jennifer Tieu (view attachments from email on 7/19)

 i.    Provided 2 years of records to an auditor and now waiting to hear back

ii.    Has not been able to fully balance all accounts yet (1 discrepancy found and Lisa and Tiffany are helping to resolve it)

iii.    There is $220,804.52 currently in the bank account (a few summer meeting checks need to be written)

iv.    Jennifer is using the treasurer OSHP gmail account to have everything all in one place

 

 C.   Eastern District Chair- Allyson Oyler

 i.    Five successful meetings since the last board meeting and now working on an August date; the topic will be IVIG.

ii.    Currently has sponsors for September-November meetings

 

 D.   Western District Chair – Kim Whitley

i.    Recent meetings:

 1.    June – 45 attendees

 2.    July – Rabies topic; 33 attendees

ii.    August – planning for Andexxa

iii.    Working on September, but will need to work around residency showcase

iv.    November sponsor has been selected

 

 E.   President-Elect – Jonathan Willett- no report

 

 F.    Past-President – Brian Hughes

i.    Remove CE/District Meetings section from monthly email

 1.    Suggest to solicit ideas from members for educational opportunities

ii.    House of Delegates update

 1.    Need ways to get membership more involved in issues to bring to these regional/national meetings

 2.    Brian serving as a delegate for 2 years

iii.    Annual reports from OPhA, OUCOP, SWOSU COP, OSBP

 1.    Brian to send to Lisa for distribution

 2.    Discussion about whether to address these at Annual Meeting or just electronically

iv.    PTCB updates (see emails)

1.    Brian wants to try to get a grant

 v.    Finance Committee update (email from Tiffany 5/19/19– board approval needed for some items)

vi.    Discussion to continue with the basket fundraiser in the future for the student scholarships (possibly try donations for tax deduction instead).

 1.    Will discuss this in the future

vii.    Separate showcase from fall meeting- Jennifer Bird looking into this so will address in the future

 

 G.   President – Jeremy Johnson

i.    New chairs for Programming and Newsletter Committees- the board approved the following

 1.    Newsletter Committee: Mary Shreffler will replace Kristen Montarella (Beth Resman-Targoff will take the lead)

 2.    Programming Committee: Tad Autry and Mary Shreffler

 3.    Brian mentioned reaching out to those nominated for a position last year who wasn’t accepted to see if they may be interested in committee assignments.

ii.    Committee liaison assignments- see assignments below

iii.    Agenda items tabled until the next meeting:

 1.    Dropbox

 2.    Annual Meeting remaining business

 a.    Anna Dopp slides from ASHP

 3.    Jonathan and Jeremy to meet with Jennifer in OKC for accounts

 4.    Annual report

 5.    Fake emails from President

 

 H.   Student Liaisons:

 Huy Nhan (OUCOP):

 Caroline Ohare (SWOSU COP):

 

V.     COMMITTEE REPORTS/UPDATES  (Liaisons to be assigned)

 

 A.   Finance Committee – Jennifer Tieu

 a.    Jeremy asked the board to review minutes from the last finance meeting as we will need to discuss these items in the future.

 

 B.   Legislative Committee – Jon Willett – no report

 

 C.   Membership Committee – Allyson Oyler – no report

 

 D.   Newsletter Committee – Brian Hughes – no report

 

 E.   Nominations Committee – Jeremy Johnson – no report

 

 F.    Program Committee – Kim Whitley – no report

 a.    Jeremy- have speakers in mind for the fall meeting; potential 3 hour opioid CE presentation; venue is secured

 

 G.   Scholarship and Awards Committee – Kiya Harrison – no report

 

 H.   Social Media and Communications Committee – Brian Hughes – no report

 

 

VI.    OLD BUSINESS

 

 A.   Bylaws Revision

i.        Approval of updates

 B.   Guidelines/Policies Revision

 C.   Revamp process for getting information from residents for fall district meetings- Allyson to take this on, Brian to help form the committee

 

VII.   NEW BUSINESS

 

 A.   Goals for the year (to discuss in more depth at next meeting)

 

VIII. ADJOURNMENT- 3:27 PM

 

Addendum: Items that were discussed by Board members following the July 2019 Board meeting

      I.  The board voted to approve one free membership for an OUCOP student as well as a SWOSU student.

Community Search
Sign In


Calendar
Latest News
Featured Members

OKLAHOMA SOCIETY OF HEALTH-BASED PHARMACISTS
PO BOX 2371
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK  73101