Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
June 2017 Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Share |

OSHP BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES

Date: June 27, 2017                        Time: 2:30 p.m.

Phone:              Conference ID

 

I.      CALL TO ORDER

 

Members Present:

Jennifer Bird

Debbie Poland

Kaili Donahue

Richard Wheeler

Tiffany Kessler

Alice Kirkpatrick

 

Members Absent: Brian Hughes

 

Guests Present:

 

II.     APPROVAL OF MINUTES- May Minutes were approved

 

III.    BOARD REPORTS

A.   Secretary- Alice Kirkpatrick

·         Membership numbers –

Jun-17

May-17

Mar-17

16-Jun

Eastern District

1st Year Pharmacists

0

0

0

6

Pharmacists

70

69

69

69

Residents

9

9

8

10

Students

18

18

17

27

Supporting

2

2

2

1

Technicians

9

6

6

4

Total

108

108

102

116

Western District

1st Year Pharmacists

4

4

4

6

Pharmacists

105

104

96

108

Residents

10

10

10

11

Students

40

40

33

35

Supporting

1

1

1

1

Technicians

11

11

11

3

Total:

172

170

155

165

Total

279

278

257

281

 

·         Alice will send requests again for Conflict of Interest forms. 

 

B.   Treasurer – Tiffany Kessler

·         The current finance program we are using is no longer available.  We can transition to an on line Quick Books program for a monthly fee ($30-40).

·         This transition free up treasurer to use own computer. (Thus remove the need to upgrade, board’s computer)

·         The on line program will also allow for more than one access.  (Suggested that treasurer and president should have access.

·         Board approved for Tiffany to move forward to monthly on line program that allows for 2 accesses.

·         Finance committee is also looking at obtaining bank card or credit card to aid in on-line purchases/charges.

 

C.   Eastern District Chair- Kaili Melton

·         Held CE meeting at St. John in June. 

·         A CE meeting is scheduled for July 13th at OSU-HSC with Kelley Murray.

·         Board approved to reimburse Kaili for food and any other expenses for June meeting.

·         Kaili will post-pone July CE meeting until decision is made regarding CE expenses for ED and WD.  Would like a budget item for such CE.  Asked that Finance committee address this as a budget item.

·         Richard proposed looking into live webinar CE platforms for ACPE CE

 

D.   Western District Chair – Richard Wheeler

·         July meeting is scheduled for July 25th, infliximab biosimilar

·         August, MS drug, date TBD

·         Sept plans are being made

·         October Apixaban prophylaxis dvt

 

E.   President-Elect – Brian Hughes (submitted report)

·         Discussed Brian’s submission of comments related to the website

·         Debbie proposed to have Brian work with Lisa and review and update website as they see fit.

·         Board approved that Brian should lead updates to website

 

F.    Past-President – Debbie Poland

·         OPhA does not want to sign PTCB contract (currently is a joint agreement with PTCB and OPhA and OSHP)

·         Debbie will follow up with PTCB and see if we can move forward with our own contract.  Debbie will also follow up and confirm that there are no conflicts as an ASHP affiliate in having a contract with PTCB.

 

G.   President –Jennifer Bird

·         Committee chairs:

o   Mark Gales to head up residency show case

o   Edna Patatanian will step down as program chair

o   Membership- Jennifer hasn’t heard back from Jerri Cody yet, Debbie speak to Jerri. Also, Marlene Hall signed up at ED meeting to be on Membership Committee

o   Jamie Miller will step down from nominations committee, Debbie will ask last year’s co-chair, Jenny Stemm if she wants to step up.

o   Barry Gales will continue as chair of scholarship and awards committee

o   Jacyntha Herbers will continue as chair of social media committee

o   Yvette Morrison will continue as chair of legislative committee

o   Beth Resman-Targoff will continue as newsletter chair

 

H.   Student Liaisons- none present

 

IV.   COMMITTEE REPORTS/UPDATES 

A.   Finance Committee – Tiffany

·         Set up meeting in July – move forward on purchasing as trial new quick books website based program

·         Also look at proposal for budget item for ED and WD CE meetings

·         Follow up from old business item: this year’s budget has a cap of $2000 per delegate for summer meeting

·         Board voted to update guideline for how written for delegate travel reimbursement. Debbie will lead revision.

 

              Legislative Committee – Richard- no report

 

B.   Membership Committee – Kaili Melton

·         Mixer in ED planned

·         Noted that if residents or new members join in July or later, membership is 17 months

 

C.   Newsletter Committee – Brian Hughes-no report

 

D.   Nominations Committee – Debbie Poland-no report

 

E.   Program Committee – Jennifer Bird-no report

 

F.    Scholarship and Awards Committee – Alice Kirkpatrick- no report

 

        H.  Social Media and Communications Committee – Brian Hughes- no report

       

V.    OLD BUSINESS

 

A.   OSHP website review: Brian Hughes

See appendix from May meeting minutes to review comments about the website

Discussed in President Elect report earlier

 

B.     ASHP Affiliation – Jennifer Bird

·         ASHP office can review our bylaws as a service to the affiliates

·         We would like to ask if the ASHP office can do that review this year, so we can update the bylaws

·         If we are going to update the bylaws, we will ask to complete re-affiliation paperwork by September 2018

 

C.   Support for district CE meetings-

·         See discussion under ED report

 

VI.   NEW BUSINESS

 

none

 

VII.  ADJOURNMENT   4:05 pm

Community Search
Sign In


Calendar
Latest News
Featured Members

OKLAHOMA SOCIETY OF HEALTH-BASED PHARMACISTS
PO BOX 2371
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK  73101