Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
March 2019 OSHP Board of Directors Meeting
Share |

OSHP BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
Date: March 1st, 2019 Time: 3:00 p.m.
Phone: 405-307-5895


I. CALL TO ORDER- 3:00 PM

Members Present:

Brian Hughes

Allyson Oyler

Richard Wheeler

Kiya Harrison

Jeremy Johnson

Tiffany Kessler

Jennifer Bird

Members Absent:

None

Guests Present:

Lisa Slaton

Claire Bullard


II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES

A. Motion: Brian Hughes

B. Second: Allyson Oyler


III. BOARD REPORTS

A. Secretary- Kiya Harrison

i. Preferred method for sending out minutes

1. Board members prefer to review the minutes sooner, then the addendum can be added later and reviewed at the subsequent meeting.

 

19-Mar

19-Feb

19-Jan

18-Dec

18-Oct

18-Sep

18-Aug

18-Jul

18- Jun

18-May

18- Mar

Eastern District

 

 

 

 

 

 

1st Year Pharmacists

3

3

3

8

7

7

6

6

6

6

6

Pharmacists

56

53

48

75

75

74

70

70

68

67

62

Residents

12

12

12

17

16

15

14

14

10

10

9

Students

6

6

4

13

14

14

11

11

10

10

9

Supporting

1

1

1

2

2

2

2

2

2

2

2

Technicians

7

7

7

12

12

10

10

10

9

9

8

Total

85

82

75

127

126

122

113

113

105

104

96

 

 

 

 

 

 

Western District

 

 

 

 

 

 

1st Year Pharmacists

7

6

6

7

7

6

3

3

3

3

2

Pharmacists

77

76

60

101

98

95

90

90

89

88

79

Residents

15

15

15

21

25

24

18

17

12

12

11

Students

44

43

34

66

58

49

40

43

38

38

36

Supporting

1

1

1

1

1

1

1

1

1

1

1

Technicians

0

0

0

3

3

3

3

3

3

3

1

Total

144

141

116

202

192

178

155

157

146

145

130

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Total

229

223

191

329

318

300

268

270

251

249

226


*December is an off month because people have changed what type of membership they are due to renewing

B. Treasurer – Tiffany Kessler

 i. Unable to balance out February yet, but will have it done soon

C. Eastern District Chair- Allyson Oyler

i. February meeting on 22nd – had 23 attendees

ii. Upcoming meeting on March 28th

 iii. April speaker is selected, details are still being finalized

 iv. Speakers have been confirmed through August

 v. Inquiring about money set aside for one CE meeting next year

D. Western District Chair – Richard Wheeler

i. Last meeting at Vast was successful, though many members did not show up

ii. May meeting topic- overview of biosimilars

iii. June meeting topic - possibly reviewing the new tetracycline antibiotic

iv. Currently supplies speakers with the RSVP list a week in advance since the sign up is through a third party

v. Lisa will add a designation for license number (pharmacist, intern and technician) to decrease the amount of information attendees have to fill out at the meetings; this should help to minimize time spent in line to sign in.

E. President-Elect – Jeremy Johnson

i. OU sOSHP present asked him to speak at a lunch meeting; however, was unable attend due to weather

F. Past-President – Jennifer Bird 

i. Resident research conference

1. Working to complete the budget for the board to review

 2. Will be soliciting volunteers to help review the Research Excellence award— will be modified to include 2 winners (6 finalists will be selected prior to the conference)

G. President –Brian Hughes

i. Student Membership and Engagement- no updates

ii. Items from the January planning retreat- no updates

iii. Addressing email from Jacyntha concerning many not receiving nominations emails due to recently lapsed membership

 1. Jacyntha’s suggestions

 a. Suggested to send a reminder email about lapsed membership in early January since December is a busy month

 b. Also suggested to send the call for nominations to recent members as well as current members

 2. Lisa’s comments: 

 a. Jacyntha is a member who does not always receive emails, so perhaps this is a related issue.

 b. The company is in a process of updating software to fix the email issue.

 c. Lisa will send a mass email to membership concerning this problem.

 3. Allyson to email membership committee to send out letters for membership renewal

 iv. PTCB phone call- 

 1. PTCB stated that they would like to be a resource for us. If there is any information we would like to distribute to technicians, we can go through PTCB and they will send an email blast to the technicians. 

 2. Board members encouraged to email their thoughts to Brian.

 v. REMs education and grant money

 1. Provide $2500 grant to present educational talks on opioids and other pain management-related topics; may be something to consider for the fall meeting

 2. Richard’s comments- we should ask if they can provide CME so that we can invite physicians to register

 vi. Fall residency showcase updates

 1. Jennifer followed up with Mark to discuss moving the showcase to a different day in order to decrease interference with vendors and increase time for the showcase.

 2. Can potentially be held on a week night

 3. Would make it free for students but charge a small fee for programs to participate

 4. Location

 a. Looking into whether it can be held at Integris- cost depends on day/time and whether or not staff would have to stay late. 

 b. Keeping it central may increase number of P2/P3 students that attend. 

 5. Could potentially use the increase in revenue from the vendors to pay for light refreshments at the showcase.

 6. Will survey the residency programs concerning this potential change

 a. Jennifer to work with Mark to develop survey questions and will ask Jamie Miller to put it into Qualtrics. Will also reach out to programming committee for input.

H. Student Liaisons: 

Huy Nhan (OUCOP): absent
Caroline Ohare (SWOSU COP): absent

IV. COMMITTEE REPORTS/UPDATES  

A. Finance Committee – Tiffany Kessler

a. Meeting scheduled for March 14th to address items from January planning retreat

B. Legislative Committee – Richard Wheeler

a. Another state legislative conference call will be held this week

b. Upcoming legislative day on March 5th 

C. Membership Committee – Allyson Oyler

a. Membership renewal emails will be sent out soon (as stated above)

D. Newsletter Committee – Brian Hughes

a. Spring newsletter will be available soon

E. Nominations Committee – Jennifer Bird 

a. 12 nominations for President elect- 1 accepted, 1 undecided

b. 4 treasurer nominations- 2 accepted

c. 8 western district chair nominations- 4 accepted

d. Brian’s comments- let’s be sure to offer another volunteer opportunity to those who are not elected

F. Program Committee – Jeremy Johnson

a. Everything is complete for the Spring conference

G. Scholarship and Awards Committee – Kiya Harrison

a. There were no applications/nominations for the Continuing Excellence Award this year.

b. There was 1 nomination for the Sylvia J. Martin Outstanding Technician Award.

c. There are 4 applications for student scholarships (2 from each college); these are currently being reviewed by the committee. 

d. Senior awards will be presented by the individual colleges

H. Social Media and Communications Committee – Brian Hughes- no report


V. OLD BUSINESS


A. Affiliation self-study


B. Strategic Planning Follow-up

 i. Ongoing 

C. Bylaws Revision

i. Waiting to give the summary at the annual meeting and will take a vote at that time; then will be sent to ASHP for approval and back to us to email to membership for a final vote.


D. Guidelines/Policies Revision (remove from subsequent agendas)


i. Outgoing board members should review their section of the guidelines/policies and provide feedback to the board.

 

VI. NEW BUSINESS

VII. ADJOURNMENT- 4:07 PM


Community Search
Sign In


Calendar
Latest News
Featured Members

OKLAHOMA SOCIETY OF HEALTH-BASED PHARMACISTS
PO BOX 2371
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK  73101