Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
May 2017 Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Share |

 

OSHP BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES

Date: May 23, 2017              Time: 2:30 p.m.

1-844-358-7954  Conference ID 40143806

 

I.      CALL TO ORDER

Members Present:

Jennifer Bird

Debbie Poland

Brian Hughes

Tiffany Kessler

Richard Wheeler

Alice Kirkpatrick

Kaili Melton

 

Members Absent: None

 

Guests Present: None

 

II.     APPROVAL OF MINUTES- There was an addition to the March meeting minutes. Alice will circulate for approval.

 

III.    BOARD REPORTS

A.   Secretary- Alice Kirkpatrick

1.    Membership numbers –

May-17

Mar-17

Feb-17

16-Jun

Eastern District

1st Year Pharmacists

0

0

0

6

Pharmacists

70

69

68

69

Residents

9

8

8

10

Students

18

17

17

27

Supporting

2

2

2

1

Technicians

9

6

5

4

Total

108

102

100

127

Western District

1st Year Pharmacists

4

4

3

6

Pharmacists

104

96

94

108

Residents

10

10

10

11

Students

40

34

33

35

Supporting

1

1

1

1

Technicians

11

10

11

3

Total:

170

155

152

165

Total

278

257

252

281

 

2.    Alice will be sending out ‘Conflict of Interest’ forms for 2017-2018.

3.    The Annual Report for 2017 is nearly complete.  Need reports from President Elect and Membership Committee Chair.

 

B.   Treasurer – Tiffany Kessler

1.    April ending balance $223,250.36

2.    The Quickbooks program that we use is going to cease to exist.  They will be going to an on-line form.  Tiffany is evaluating going to this new platform vs a different financial program

3.    There was some discussion as to what line item in the budget should include the income/expenses from the Residency Conference.  The Board decided that it should be combined with the Meetings line item

  

C.   Eastern District Chair- Kaili Melton

1.    Meetings were held in both April and May

2.    June meeting (June 13th)  will be a CE meeting

a.    St John Plaza

b.    Sheila St. Cyr

3.    Plan for July meeting also to be CE (maybe July 12th)

 

D.   Western District- Richard Wheeler

1.    Brian Hughes had set up two meetings: May 25th and June 20th

2.    Also meeting planned for July 25th -Rheumatologist- Bio similars

3.    August meeting- Janssen,  Rivaroxaban

 

E.   President-Elect – Brian Hughes- see new business

 

F.    Past-President – Debbie Poland

1.    Waiting to confirm with OPhA about PTCB contract.  Debbie will follow up with Debra Billingsley again.

 

G.   President –Jennifer Bird

1.    Committee structure

a.    Jennifer will e-mail existing committee chairs to ask about interest to continue as committee leads as well as solicit existing committee members

2.    Residents conference- see old business

3.    We will continue with board meetings as scheduled. If you are not able to attend a board meeting, plan to submit a written report

 

H.   Student Liaisons- need to update contacts.  Alice will follow up

 

IV.   COMMITTEE REPORTS/UPDATES 

        There was discussion among the Board members as to which committees various members would serve as liaisons

        It was also suggested that a committee sign up or interest list be circulated at the upcoming WD and ED meetings.

 

A.   Finance Committee – Tiffany Kessler will chair the committee. President (Jennifer Bird) and President elect (Brian Hughes) will also serve on committee.  Need to recruit 2 at large members.

 

 

B.   Legislative Committee – Richard Wheeler stated that he would be interested in being the liaison for committee.

 

C.   Membership Committee – Kaili Melton will continue to be liaison for this committee.

1.    Kaili reported the committee is planning mixer at McNellies in ED

 

D.   Newsletter Committee – Brian Hughes- will continue to serve as liaison

 

E.   Nominations Committee – Debbie Poland will serve as liaison

 

F.    Program Committee –

       1. Jennifer Bird- will serve as the liaison

2. Debbie Poland will be liaison for vendor showcase

 

 

G.   Scholarship and Awards Committee – Alice Kirkpatrick will continue as board liaison

 

H.  Social Media and Communications Committee – Brian Hughes will continue as board liaison

 

       

V.    OLD BUSINESS

 

A.   Residents Forum update/recap - Jennifer

1.    Residents conference- positive feedback

a.    Reviewing surveys, will report when available.

b.    Jamie Miller and Pete Johnson are interested in working with  planning for next year

c.    Brian suggested forming a committee structure to plan, so that planning baton could be passed for subsequent years

d.    There were 69 registrants, the balance ended up a little positive after expenses (food service and secretarial time)

 

B.     Review/revision of guidelines for travel reimbursement for ASHP delegates-

1.    Jennifer will follow up with Mark Mills to clarify decision made by the finance committee.  The decision should be reflected in the budget.

See Appendix 3

 

VI.   NEW BUSINESS

 

A.   Location for Fall and Spring meetings

1.    Want to alternate locations

2.    Suggestion to have schedule:

a.    Fall 2017 meeting in ED (Tulsa)

b.    Spring 2018 meeting in WD (OKC)

c.    Residents conference 2018 in ED (Tulsa)

d.    Continue the rotation

B.   Changes to the Website- Brian Hughes

See comments that were noted about the OSHP website as appendix to meeting minutes.  Plan to discuss ideas for website at next Board meeting

 

C.   Board Retreat- Jennifer

1.    Do we want to have a Board retreat?

2.    Would be an opportunity for strategic planning

3.    Jennifer will put together a possible agenda

4.    We will discuss further agenda and scheduling considerations at June meeting

 

VII.  ADJOURNMENT- 3:55 p.m.

 

Appendix 1: Feedback on OSHP website.  Please review for discussion at June Board meeting

 

Appendix 2: Email discussion among board members regarding sending information to membership on education events

 

Appendix 3: clarification of finance committee budget for delegate travel reimbursement

 

 

Community Search
Sign In


Calendar
Latest News
Featured Members

OKLAHOMA SOCIETY OF HEALTH-BASED PHARMACISTS
PO BOX 2371
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK  73101